From October 31st to November 3rd, 2019, the second edition of OCCULTURE BERLIN took place, this year at the Anomalie Art Club.
Everybody was already full of praise about the 2018 edition, but this year the organizers went even further and created an exciting and extraordinary event.
THOTH-HERMES is happy and proud to be Media Partner of that great conference. With this (very) special episode we want to look back at this wonderful event.
Let those who are too far away or unable to go to Berlin take part in it, inspire those who missed the conference in 2019 to attend the next one, and give a nice memory edition to those who where there and enjoyed – this is the aim of this episode.
Go to the conference website to see all
details about the lineup
be patient… sometimes the page needs a few seconds to load due to the big number of events on the lineup
A list of what you hear in this episode:
1) David – a visitor about his impressions
2) Jessica Grote – M.A. in religious studies and English language and literature from the University of Heidelberg. She has been an initiate of various spiritual disciplines for more than a decade and lives in Munich, Germany.
3) Sarah Janes – is a writer living in Hastings, England. She has been obsessed since childhood with dreaming, especially lucid dreams. She has written on the subject for The Idler, The Bohemian, the Journal of Paranthropology and is currently writing her book Lake of Mnemosyne about the practice of Temple Sleep for Muswell Hill Press.
4) The Butterfly Wheel – “City” Female artistic duo, creative expressionists specializing in site-specific performance and immersive theatre
5) Alicia – visitor and artist about her impressions
6) Christian Ermel – visual artist, sees himself as a dreamer, an illustrator of the unseen, celebrating the unwanted and giving beauty to the grotesque.
7) “The Cult of Water” by David Bramwell (Excerpt) (special thanks to Tal Schechter for the recording)- David is a British writer, musician, performer and broadcaster. He is the founder and host of Brighton’s spoken word night, the Catalyst Club. Bramwell is also a singer-songwriter with his band Oddfellow’s Casino.
8) Gary Lachman – London-based prolific writer and speaker about many subjects touching the worold of Occulture
9) Hagen von Tulien – is a German artist and occultist working in a variety of media including pen and ink, paper cut, collage, and digital formats. He is also an experienced Chaos Magician.
10) Phurpa – Moscow underground music scene veteran Alexey Tegin now leads the Phurpa musical collective . Their performances are inspired by the traditional Tibetan religion of Bön and result from rigorous physical and mental training.
11) ?? – Visitor – does not give his name, but his opinion on the event
12) Orryelle Defenestrate-Bascule – is an esoteric artist in many media, including painting, writing, sculpture, sound, film and performance art, interested in the ensoulment of objects through aesthetic obsession
13) Susan Wands – is a writer, tarot reader, actor, filmmaker and producer. Her first book in a series, Magician and Fool, was published in England and will soon be published in the U.S. Her novel series explores the life of Pamela Colman Smith, the Waite-Smith tarot deck creator.
14) SINS – Invocation of Babalon (excerpt) – SINS exists outside of time and space.